Friday, December 10, 2010

MRP Adventures: Quick Notes

Over winter I'll be working on my proposal, so there'll be some things that need to be done, namely, acquainting myself even more with postcolonial theory. 

Step 1: Identify postcolonial approaches on / readings of fiction.

Step 2: Attempt reading of primary texts using postcolonial approaches.

Step 3: Apply postcolonial approach to a new primary text, i.e., explore through some creative writing how a postcolonial approach might look like with the steampunk aesthetic. 

I'm guessing I'll try to identify different schools of postcolonialism, and dedicated one chapter and particular readings to each, and then execute the approach I used at the end of the chapter. So it'll be an evolving story, of sorts. I haven't decided yet what the story will be, and likely, I won't know until I actually start the writing. But it'll probably follow my usual MO of exploring a particular setting and certain characters. 

I'm really excited about this, especially since I have clearance from my supervisor, head of the program and head of the department for this. I still don't have a second reader, but I can worry about that later. 

*flails with happy*

No comments:

Post a Comment